We amplify local voices
and provide timely context
about important issues.
Sharing this newsletter
helps us grow.
The hopping place tonight is a music and film industry mixer called Reel Vibes at Lou Dawg’s on Main Street. It’s invite only, although if you can find someone who is going, just tag along. Things get rolling at 5 p.m. and the live entertainment starts at 7:30 p.m. with Jonny Wyatt and David Dino White. Organized by the City of North Bay, it’s the first of a series of quarterly networking events planned for 2024.
- Crohn’s Disease impacted by buffet of food choices
Today’s Activity Nudge
impacted by buffet
of diet choices
Arwyn Paterson is a local realtor who was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease and started using the “Specific Carbohydrate Diet” which drastically improved her condition. She joins today’s To North Bay With Love show to talk with host Lisa Boivin and Kelly Martin, who have also started to follow this diet, and they share the big changes in their day to day lives.
- Lisa and Kelly talk about how this diet has helped their gut health 2:10
- Arwyn joins the show to talk about her personal journey with this diet 10:10
- How Arwyn has changed her diet over the course of her life 17:45
Thanks to our sponsor Services. Visit yourhomeservices.ca and mention “Echo Podcast” to get your first 3 months of your water heater rental free *some restrictions may apply*
To North Bay With Love:
She also brings on two artists, Victoria Ward and Gary Blundell, to talk about their trip to the Bay of Fundy inspiring them to paint the pieces featured on display. All three agree that art makes a community better.
Cogeco has the big tilt between the Sudbury Wolves vs North Bay Battalion game live on YourTV Thursday at 7 p.m. Rotary At Home TV Bingo is on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and Lions At Home TV Bingo on Sunday’s at 7 p.m.
Backroads Bill Steer explains the importance of pictographs in last week’s podcast, while also recommending where to find the best examples across Ontario. Bill also describes how pictographs, petroglyphs and petroforms are all different kinds of expressions and each has its own historical significance. See his written column on the subject published by BayToday HERE.
New podcasts drop Wednesday mornings. Listen on the Echo website HERE. You can also find the Backroads Bill podcast on Spotify, Apple, IHeart Radio, Spreaker, Google, and Amazon. Read the Backroads Bill column at BayToday.ca.
The NFL Eh?! podcast dropped Sunday with a few tears and cheers as the playoff results decide which teams are going to the Super Bowl.
Powassan Voodoos Ryan Patrick and Dylan McElhinney talk about growing up in Pittsburgh, the road to the Voodoos, differences between Canada and America, and the bus leaving Dylan behind.
The North Bay Mitsubishi After Action Report starts live immediately following the final whistle of each Battalion home game. Catch them after Thursday’s match against the visiting Sudbury Wolves.
Art People Podcast:
The Art People Podcast is a five-episode series produced by actor Joe Drinkwalter, with interviews with Michelina Beam of Dreamcoat Fantasy Theatre, Brianna Lintner of BReal Studios, actor and director Rob McCubbin, singer and songwriter Hannah Grace, and Kelsey Ruhl, about the On the Edge Fringe Festival.
0:03:40 – Start The Awards!
0:05:29 – Best WTF/Surprises Moment
0:14:34 – Baw Gawd That Man Has A Family (over the top action scenes)
0:26:57 – Something That Got You Angry (not real life)
0:35:46 – Dumbest Media Headline Of The Year
Their 28th episode Jan. 10 has a Game Show theme.
Wednesday, Jan. 24
- FJ McElligott ‘Magical, Mystical Music and Art Show with auction, $10
- Chippewa Raiders and Scollard Bears clash in NDA hockey match at West Ferris arena starting at 6 p.m. (playoff semis begin Feb. 9).
Thursday, Jan. 25
- Nipissing Serenity Hospice open house 4 to 7 p.m. celebrating four years of operation
- North Bay Battalion hosts the high-flying Sudbury Wolves at 7 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 26
- Nipissing Lakers women’s hockey team (18-3) hosts the Guelph Gryphons at Memorial Gardens, with a 5 p.m. puck drop, followed by the men’s team (10-5-8) taking on the visiting Toronto Metropolitan University (14-7-1) at 7:30 p.m. Related story by BayToday about Mallory Dominico’s four-goal performance on the weekend.
- Dreamcoat Fantasy Theatre’s Finding Nemo Jr. at the Capitol Centre 7 p.m. Tickets $22. Read the BayToday story HERE.
Saturday, Jan. 27
- Nipissing Lakers women’s hockey team hosts the Brock Badgers at Memorial Gardens, 5 p.m. puck drop, followed by the men’s team taking on the visiting Toronto Metropolitan University at 7:30 p.m. See the Nugget’s story about the Lakers huge six-player shootout win on the weekend.
- North Bay Martial Arts Championship at West Ferris Secondary 8:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., presented by Ferris Family Martial Arts
- Dreamcoat Fantasy Theatre’s Finding Nemo Jr. at the Capitol Centre 1 and 7 p.m. Tickets $22
- Italian Play Reading Series for Seniors concludes with 12 to 3 p.m. session at North Bay Public Library. Traditional Italian Food Sampling provided by Fresh Italian Eats, organized by the Gateway Theatre Guild
(For more events further out on the calendar, check Tourism North Bay’s comprehensive events listing guide. On Facebook, check out Creative Industries North Bay or check out their December newsletter HERE.)
First-time reader? Sign up for this free newsletter HERE. We publish Tuesday and Thursday.
If you have something to add to the discussion or an idea for one of Echo’s podcasters or affiliates, email Content Director Dave Dale at [email protected].
Does your group
or business want
to have a podcast?
If you want your North Bay and area podcast or YouTube video stories/interviews included on the Echo Community Podcast Network, there are a few basic requirements: Shows need a track record with at least five previously published podcasts or videos; Descriptions of each episode are needed, as well as a general description with artwork; plus a specific playlist of up to 15 shows (so new shows are added to the website listing automatically).
We’re interested in promoting shows that want to expand and grow by capitalizing on promotion through the network and the Echo Essentials newsletter. We also offer a new show development service where we help create, brand and market podcasts for a fee. Inquire by email with [email protected]