Lisa is joined in the studio by Roy Slack and Mark Wagner from the Canadian Institute of Mining. The trio talk about the impact mining has had on Northern Ontario and the opportunities for young adults to begin a lucrative and fulfilling career. Mark also explains the Mining Matters program that helps educate kids in elementary schools and the Mining Opportunity Challenge that focuses on high school students in the North Bay area.
Chip also stops by to talk about why you should never go windsurfing near a beached whale.
- Chip stops by to talk about windsurfing 1:50
- Roy and Mark join the show to talk all things mining 6:30
- Why the mining industry is so crucial to our day to day life 15:00
- The Ring of Fire 22:10
- Mining Week in North Bay 27:00
Thanks to our sponsor Services. Visit yourhomeservices.ca and mention “Echo Podcast” to get your first 3 months of your water heater rental free *some restrictions may apply*
Explore more North Bay podcasts and stay updated on local events and news at NorthBayEcho.ca.
For exclusive North Bay updates and insights, subscribe to our newsletter Echo Essentials.
Stay connected with Echo on social media: @NorthBayEcho
- Host: Lisa Boivin
- Producer: Ben Sargent
- Content Director: Dave Dale
- Produced by Story Studio Network & Clark Communications
Don’t miss out on the latest from North Bay’s cherished podcast – subscribe and join the conversation today!