Journalistic integrity can be difficult when you have to cover a controversial and public figure. Dave Dale, Echo’s Content Director, and Bay Today journalist Stu Campaigne talk about their decision to cover the Sheldon Forgette case in Echo Essentials, Bay Today and on Dave’s podcast Small Town Times.
Both Dave and Stu talk about trying to cover the case ethically and without bias and waiting for a verdict in the case before passing judgment.
- Dave talks about covering the story on Echo Essentials 2:00
- Stu joins the show and describes covering the case as a journalist 11:50
- How to cover a political person going into a court case 18:00
Thanks to our sponsor Services. Visit yourhomeservices.ca and mention “Echo Podcast” to get your first 3 months of your water heater rental free *some restrictions may apply*
Explore more North Bay podcasts and stay updated on local events and news at NorthBayEcho.ca.
For exclusive North Bay updates and insights, subscribe to our newsletter Echo Essentials.
Stay connected with Echo on social media: @NorthBayEcho
- Host: Lisa Boivin
- Producer: Ben Sargent
- Content Director: Dave Dale
- Produced by Story Studio Network & Clark Communications
Don’t miss out on the latest from North Bay’s cherished podcast – subscribe and join the conversation today!