Lisa is joined by Executive Director of the Nipissing Serenity Hospice Gil Pharand to talk about how the impact the hospice has on their patients and the community.
Gil shares the difference between a hospital environment vs a hospice environment and how the hospice tries to make the experience for the patients and families as positive as they can. He shares how the hospice came to be in the North Bay community and how the funding works and the cost for using their services.
- Gil joins the show to talk about the Nipissing Serenity Hospice 2:50
- What does community minded mean for Gil? 7:10
- The process for entering the hospice 9:40
- Why did it take so long for our community to open a hospice? 16:11
- The environment the hospice tries to create for their patients 20:00
Thanks to our sponsor Services. Visit yourhomeservices.ca and mention “Echo Podcast” to get your first 3 months of your water heater rental free *some restrictions may apply*
Explore more North Bay podcasts and stay updated on local events and news at NorthBayEcho.ca.
For exclusive North Bay updates and insights, subscribe to our newsletter Echo Essentials.
Stay connected with Echo on social media: @NorthBayEcho
- Host: Lisa Boivin
- Producer: Ben Sargent
- Content Director: Dave Dale
- Produced by Story Studio Network & Clark Communications
Don’t miss out on the latest from North Bay’s cherished podcast – subscribe and join the conversation today!