Lisa takes a trip down to The Gathering Place to chat with Dennis Chippa. Dennis talks about how The Gathering Place is more than just a soup kitchen and how important it is for people from all walks of life.
Dennis and Lisa dive into the stigma of soup kitchens and dealing with feeling shame for using their services. Dennis puts it well when saying “using a soup kitchen doesn’t mean you failed. It means someone or something has failed you”.
- Dennis joins the show to talk about the importance of The Gathering Place 1:50
- Stigma around soup kitchens 9:00
- Dennis talks about donations that keep soup kitchens alive 14:30
Thanks to our sponsor Services. Visit yourhomeservices.ca and mention “Echo Podcast” to get your first 3 months of your water heater rental free *some restrictions may apply*
Explore more North Bay podcasts and stay updated on local events and news at NorthBayEcho.ca.
For exclusive North Bay updates and insights, subscribe to our newsletter Echo Essentials.
Stay connected with Echo on social media: @NorthBayEcho
- Host: Lisa Boivin
- Producer: Ben Sargent
- Content Director: Dave Dale
- Produced by Story Studio Network & Clark Communications
Don’t miss out on the latest from North Bay’s cherished podcast – subscribe and join the conversation today!